Sunday 3 July 2016

It's Not A Comeback

It’s been a while since I posted, and whenever I’ve gotten bogged down in the past and struggled to find time to post, I’ve always just given up. But when I first started this blog, I really wanted to make a go of it, and still do. I so enjoyed getting back to writing, but I felt that if I couldn’t be super dedicated and stick to a certain number of posts each week like I could see the “proper” bloggers were doing, then there was no point in doing it.

However, rather than give up, I’ve accepted that having a full time job, running a home and planning a wedding doesn’t always lend its time to spending hours writing and editing on a strict timetable. But that doesn’t mean that I can’t still post when I have the time and something to write about. Maybe I’ll find time to post twice this week and not post again for another month, but that’s okay. Over the last few weeks I’ve realised that rather than be embarrassed of what people may think about my gaps in posting, I should stop worrying about being judged. Everyone understands that life can get a bit hectic and keeping up with hobbies is, unfortunately, often the first thing to be forgotten about.

The last six months or so have flown by, with surviving Christmas as a Sales Support Admin Assistant at House of Fraser, to changing jobs to a position that, unfortunately, has not lived up to what I’d hoped it would be. But my dissatisfaction with my new job has made me realise I need to make the effort to do things which I find fulfilling outside of work.

And with this year being the year to start putting wedding plans into action, I will definitely have things to write about. From my wedding dress appointments to arranging a sit down with the stationary designers I’ve had my eye on, I will have plenty going on.


Who else out there has struggled to get back to their blog after a hectic few months? Did any of you let the fear of being judged put you off posting for even longer?

The Future Mrs Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment